If you needed to change the name of your Facebook Page and you have more than 200 Likes it could be exceptionally troublesome. The truth is told, Facebook help states “You can’t at present change the name of a Page with at least 200 preferences.
The uplifting news for a great many people is that you can now put in a demand to Facebook by means of the Admin Panel and if consent is in truth, you can change the name of your Page regardless of what number of Likes you have.
The process for changing your Facebook Page name is as follows:
- Go to your Admin Panel
- Select Edit Page then Update Public Info
- In the Basic Info section go to Name about half way down the Page
- If less than 200 Likes change Edit the name in the Name field
- If more than 200 Likes select the Request Change link
- Check the ‘I understand the formatting guidelines for my Page’s new name’ box
- Select the appropriate option under ‘Your Page name currently represents’
- Check the ‘I would still like to change my Page name. I have documentation to demonstrate this change’ box
- Enter ‘Your Desired Page Name’
- Enter the reason for the name change from the drop down
Upload appropriate documentation such as a utility bill or phone bill. Changing the name of your page when you’ve outperformed 200 adherents is somewhat trickier, on the grounds that it has a stricter point of confinement on who can transform it, and requires endorsement from Facebook themselves. There’s an informal administer – in any event, I can’t locate an official reference on Facebook in their help focus – that you can just change a page name once when it’s at that high a level of fan aggregation.
- Be an Admin for your page. Editors and lower parts don’t a number. Facebook considers the 200 fan level indicate where organisations require considering their pages more important.
- Explore to your page. By and by, you can’t change the name of your page in case you’re not signed into that page.
- Tap the about area underneath your cover photograph.
- Click Page data in the left section.
- Drift over the name of your page and snap Edit.
- Click Request Change. This is the main significant distinction in the process contrasted with the past segment. As said, Facebook needs to support your name change physically.
Round out the frame to ask for a name change with the majority of the applicable data, then snap Send. Facebook may request that you submit documentation to demonstrate you are who you claim to be. Sit tight for Facebook to endorse or deny the demand.
In fact, you can just do this once. That is, the “ask for change” choice is just accessible once. Once you’ve utilised it, it vanishes. Be that as it may, you can change your name more than once; the procedure is slightly more unpredictable.