If you are a Facebook marketer, you need to know social media marketing statistics in 2017. Have you notice social media marketing statistics in 2017. The article is going to discuss social media marketing statistics in 2017.
Here are some popular social media statistics are given:
- In 2015 Facebook influenced 52 percent of consumers’ online and offline purchases, up from 36 percent in 2014. (Source: The Drum) This shows the importance for retailers to manage their social media channels which will have a direct impact on purchase behaviour.
- There are 40 million active small business pages on Facebook and 4 million of those businesses pay for social media advertising on Facebook. (Source: Forbes).
- Only 20% of Facebook posts generate an emotional response while no ads did. (Source: AdEspresso) Instead of using Facebook as an emotional medium, delivering dynamic and tailored messaging to people in specific stages of at key times can yield much better results.
- The best time to post on Facebook is 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday. Other optimal times include 12:00–1:00 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays and 1:00–4:00 p.m. on Thursdays and Fridays. (Source: HubSpot) Try using tools like Buffer or Timely to auto schedule your posts.
- Link clicks account for 92% of all user interaction with tweets. (Source: HubSpot) Link clicks are the easiest and strongest chance of gaining views and shares for your content.12. 78% of people who complain to a brand via Twitter expect a response within an hour. (Source: Lithium)
- There is a total of 1.3 billion accounts, but only 320 million are active.(Source: Business) According to Content Marketing, as Twitter’s sign-up growth has slowed down, it will boost its stock price by making ads more prominent, so be ready to start paying for visibility.
- Top brands on Instagram are seeing a per-follower engagement rate of 4.21% which is 58 times higher than on Facebook and 120 times higher than on Twitter (Source: Hootsuite) Instagram has become a powerful platform for marketers and its potential cannot be overlooked any longer.
- Media brands are the most active whereas business services, financial services, and fast moving consumer goods have the lowest percentage of brands represented on Instagram. (Source: Simply Measured)
- Products were the top content types for the top 200 global brands in terms of engagement, at 60% in 2015 beating lifestyle category by over 20%. (Source: Hootsuite) This is great news for marketers since people who follow brands on Instagram are aware and accept the fact that they’re going to be exposed to products.
- In 2015 YouTube posted the figure of 40 billion all-time views for branded content. (Source: ReelSEO) That means video marketing has gone from nice-to-have to must-have, one that will set the pace for the foreseeable future.
- More than half of YouTube views come from mobile devices and the average mobile viewing session lasts more than 40 minutes. (Source: YouTube) As mobile captures consumers’ full attention, at home or on the go, brands now have the opportunity to reach people anywhere.
That was the statistics of social media marketing in 2017.